I know everyone wants to know how last week went. I really struggled with fatigue this time around. I pretty much slept off and on all day Thursday and Friday. I had a lot of bone and muscle pain. I also came down with something like a cold. I am really close to loosing my voice and still have a little bit of a cough. This week I do feel much better! I am also excited because I have an appointment with my surgeon so hopefully I can find out what type of surgery I will be having and when.
I am still planning on having a party at my last treatment. I am usually there from about 8:30 until 12:30ish (I say 12:30ish because it all depends how quickly they access my port and start my chemo) so if you want to stop by and grab a cupcake that would be great! If anyone needs directions or an address let me know. For those that live too far away to attend just bake yourself some pink frosted cupcakes and enjoy!!
Now on to the recipe. The kids loved it and gave it big thumbs up!! It is a pretty easy recipe to make too. Gotta love easy!!
1/2 cup dry lentils
1 1/3 cup water
1 Zucchini- chopped
2 carrots- shredded
1 can diced tomatoes- I use the Walmart brand that says All Natural and No salt added- It doesn’t have any sugar.
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
8 Whole Wheat tortillas- I use Rudi’s from Whole Foods
1/2 cup cheese- I use rice cheese from Whole Foods
1 jar of salsa- I use the Walmart brand- mild- It doesn’t have sugar
Here is a picture of what the tortillas, salsa, and rice cheese looks like
1. Rinse lentils- combine lentils and water- boil. Reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 20 min.
2. Saute carrots and zucchini in a small amount of water- I don’t use oil to fry anymore. Water is so much healthier and it does just as well as oil. You might have to continue to add more but will still work.
3. Add lentils to carrots and zucchini and simmer covered for 5 min. Add 1/2 of the tomatoes, chili powder, and garlic powder.
4. Put rest of tomatoes at the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Put veges in warmed tortillas and top with a little cheese. Roll and place in pan.
5. Once all are rolled top with salsa and a little cheese. Cover and bake at 350 for 8 min.